Friday, January 3, 2014

Home Cleaning Schedules



Are you always behind in your housecleaning?  Do you always feel like there is something left undone?  Then you need a home cleaning schedule to help keep you on track and take the stress out of cleaning.  Here’s the beautiful part of this, though, you DON’T have to follow a long, long list of t0-dos everyday.  What fun is that?  If you can do just four things every day, you can go a long way to keeping your house cleaner.
The first step in designing your personal home cleaning schedule is to choose your four items.  My personal favorites are: dishes, laundry, clutter and optional.  Every day, I make sure dishes are in the dishwasher and the sink and counter are clear.  Then, I pop in a load of laundry (just one!) and sometime during the day it gets done from start to finish.  Then, I do a quick fly-by of each room and pick up any clutter and place it in a laundry basket for everyone to sort through when they get home.  Finally, I pick an “optional” chore every day. I have a list that I choose from: vacuum, dust, mop, clean toilets, wipe down mirrors, water plants and so on.

Once you get used to this home cleaning schedule, you can begin to add in other things.  For example, once a week I do a “big chore” in a specific room.  A “big chore” is something that doesn’t usually get done often in a normal household — like cleaning the baseboards.  It isn’t a big deal when you are just doing it in one room.  The next week, I do the same “big chore” in another room.  And voila! It is done in no time.  If you can follow a home cleaning schedule, you will find that you are less stressed, and your home is cleaner than ever before!

No comments:

Post a Comment